My Photography

I just started my photography blog, Chelsea Kay Photography!! Check it out and schedule a session!!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Walking for a Cure!!!

The kids and I were fortunate enough to participate in this...
It was so touching to be able to apart in something so great. It was a great experience and I plan to do it every year!! I challenge everyone who is reading this and that lives in Texas to come and participate next year, and in every event that is put on to raise money to find a cure for this dreadful disease. If you don't live in Texas and cant participate send a money donation. I know you all feel hesitant to donate to things like this, I always have too. But now that it hits home with us, I will always do whatever I can to donate and participate in these things. Even if you are poor like me, donate $1 or $5. Every little bit helps. it really does!!! I hope that none of you ever have to experience what my family has experienced, it is definitely life changing. We love our Lukas and will fight for this cure for the rest of our lives.
Here are just a few of the pictures of the people who came and joined in the walk. One really touching thing, Heather got to meet an 18 year survivor of Neuroblastoma. That was so amazing to see her and to see that it is possible to make it and to have a somewhat normal life!

2 comments:

themacdonnells said...

new goal: get a HAPPY pic of Lukas and Dr. Granger! He really does love her!


Oh, and there were about 250 people there and we raised just over....ready......

FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!

WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

OK I've tried a million times to make a comment on your blog, and for some reason your page takes my stupid computer like 20 minutes to load! Annoying. Anyway, I love your pics of the temple, so pretty! And the walk looks like fun, I'm SO GLAD Lukas is doing better!