My Photography

I just started my photography blog, Chelsea Kay Photography!! Check it out and schedule a session!!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

Well most of you know that my family has this wonderful tradition of driving out to east Texas and cutting down our own tree. My family did it all the years I was growing up, so I started it when Doug and I got married. The kids just love it!! They have so much fun, Coen loves helping cutting it down and dragging it up to pay! Its so much fun! Robert and Melissa started going with us a few years ago, and I think they have just as much fun!! So here are some of the pictures!
Coen was trying to catch up to help drag it!
We picked a mammoth this year! It is so big!!
Coen and Clara trying to lift it!
There she is!
Decorating it!! The kids had fun with this, if you come over you will see it looks like it was decorated by the kids!!
We put out all of our decorations, it was so much fun!! I just love Christmas everything about this season!!! Come on over and visit!!!

8 comments:

Bill Gates II said...

That is a great family tradition. When we have put some roots down and stay home for Christmas I would like to do that. Thanks for sharing. by the way, what is your baby? Boy or girl?

bedelia said...

We did this as kids too. My grandparents had land out in East Texas so we would just go cut one down when we visited for Thanksgiving. So much fun.

Anonymous said...

I love the Family picture on the top of your blog. You look like you are feeling much better. I hope that you are. The kiddos look like they love Christmas Tree hunting. Take care

Paul & Marlee said...

I love your new family picture up there on the header thing.
Very cute!

I'm glad you guys had such a fun time! I can't wait to go do that with Paul and hopefully start our own family tradition!!

Umm... Dave and Busters?
I'd much rather visit you there. :)
But we'll still come see the tree!!
Love you sister!

Castaneda 5 said...

Fun! Yeah our tree looks like the kids did it too (they did). That's why most of the ornaments are on the bottom half of the tree!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! We missed you at Theron's party. He was cute! Coen and Emma look like they loved the whole tree experience. Just think, by Christmas 2009, the new baby will already be 9 months old!!! She will be able to rip into her own gifts! Time flies.......
love you,
mom/nanna

Melissa Fullmer said...

holy moly that tree is huge!!!!

Amy said...

I'm pretty sure my tree is 1/100th the size of that monster! haha! What fun!