My Photography

I just started my photography blog, Chelsea Kay Photography!! Check it out and schedule a session!!

Friday, May 23, 2008

A Scary Day :(

Well our day started out really fun on Tuesday. It didn't end up very fun though!
I had fixed Emma's hair really cute that day, I wanted to try and braid her hair, and this is what I got. It turned out pretty cute I thought!
By the end of the day on Tuesday Coen got really sick. He had a really bad asthma attack! The worst he has had yet. I was so scared for him. The medicines just weren't working, so we decided to take him to the ER. They had a hard time getting the meds to work as well. His oxygen level was like 80 % when he got there. He was struggling so hard to get breath his little tummy and chest were just caving in. It was so hard to watch.
They gave him an IV and started fluids. He wasn't really happy about that. But he did really good for such a little guy. This was yesterday, Thursday! He had such a hard time the day and night before that he was so worn out. He slept for like 5 hours or something in the middle of the day! He is such a strong boy, I'm really proud of him. I wish he didn't have to deal with this horrible thing all the time. You just never know when he will have such a bad attack. I love my kids so much!! Emma went and stayed at my moms house. Thank you to Cindy (Doug's mom) for coming over at 5 am to stay with Emma, and for coming up to the hospital to stay with us during the days. Thanks to Beau for taking me to the hospital at 5 am. Thank you to my mom and Beth for keeping and caring for Emma, I know Emma was just lost not knowing what was going on.

5 comments:

Jami said...

Woah, how scary! It's so hard to see your little ones hurting. I hope he's doing better...and nice job on Emma's hair!

Melissa Fullmer said...

poor coen!! I hope he's doing better.

Amber Larsen said...

poor little guy, i hate when stuff like that happens when they are so tiny. And how the heck did you get Emma to stay still while you braided her hair? There's no way I could do that to Kinsey. good job by the way, it looks cute!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I'm glad he's ok, Chels. He is so sweet!

Sally said...

Wow, that is scary! I'm glad he's ok. We love you guys!