My Photography

I just started my photography blog, Chelsea Kay Photography!! Check it out and schedule a session!!

Friday, April 3, 2009

Lyla Happenings!

Well things still are not back to normal in our house! Emma was sick, then I got sick this week, finally feeling better. Now I'm just hoping that no one else gets sick so we can get back to normal. Lyla had her 2 week check up this week and she still wasn't up to her birth weight. The doc said that in 2 more weeks she better be back up or she is going to be concerned. I think she will be, shes just going to be a petite little girl. Lucky! Anyway, she is 21 inches now and the doc said she looks just perfect!! We already knew that! The kids are still having so much fun with her, Coen is always saying, "Lyla is sssoooooooo cute, shes so beautiful, and then some". Hes so funny and so in love with her! Emma too!! I'm so glad for that, it would really be hard if they didn't like her. So these are just a few random pictures of Lyla, I'm not so good at the picture taking, so we don't have very many, I know how sad!
This picture just melts my heart, I love it! She was in her swing the other day and found her thumb, it was the cutest thing ever!
I just took these random ones the other day, she was awake and so alert, so I just snapped a few!!
She's so tiny, I don't know if you can tell, but 7 lbs is so small!!
Lyla's first train ride!!
When my dad was here, we decided it would be fun to ride the train to Fort Worth and walk around sundance square! So we did! Coen just loves trains and had so much fun!! It was fun to get out, even though I walked pretty slow, 6 days after having a baby will do that to you! Anyway, thanks again dad for coming!! We had lots of fun!
My dad holding Lyla!!

7 comments:

Castaneda 5 said...

Just darling! Gabby, our third, has been petite too. Maybe it's a 3rd child thing. I'm sure she'll put on some weight in the next couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

That is just too cute!!!
I think that is so awesome the your kids are taking so well to her.

bedelia said...

Jonah took a month to get back to his birth weight. He was tongue-tied. (I googled it and you can find lots of articles.) There's a little thing under your tongue that connects and on some babies it goes too far forward. Normally, I try to avoid paranoid advice giving but another friend just had the same problem and I felt bad I never mentioned it. It makes it hard for babies to suck. I ended up switching to formula after a month with Jonah because they kept telling me he was starving. Even on a bottle he would take an hour to drink just 2 ounces. His was severe though. When I found out that's what it was, he was 5 months old and I was so irritated with my original pediatrician for never noticing. Anyways, this is probably way too much info. I'm sure that gorgeous girl will gain some weight soon.

Ashley said...

Hey Chels... Super cute little girl. I bet you are so proud. I look at her and I get all giddy that I will have a little girl too! I hope she's half as beautiful as Lyla (with a cool name too!) =) Thanks for the notes.

ashley

Sally said...

I LOVE that thumb-sucking photo :D She's darling!

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!

Kessiah Kitty Katniss said...

I'm so glad you found our blog. Of course I remember you and your family! I am finally feeling better, thank goodness! I am starting to function again! Congratulations on your new baby. You have a beautiful family. It was fun to visit your blog and I learned a few things! I didn't know that Marlee had married Paul Johnson! Keep in touch!