My Photography

I just started my photography blog, Chelsea Kay Photography!! Check it out and schedule a session!!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Answers to Prayers!!

An Answer to our Prayers!
Lukas had his surgery yesterday and came out with flying colors!!
The doctors basically cut him from ear to ear along his hair line and peeled back his face and went in through the nose cavity. They got in there and were expecting to find a huge cancer growth, but instead found a bone mass. They are almost positive that its not cancer and that its something called Fiberousdisplacia (sp) of the bone. Which means that there is just bone that has expanded and grown. So they debulked and removed it from around his optic nerves and sent it to the labs. We wont know a definite on what exactly it is for up to 2 weeks, but so far this is what they think. So yeah! is all I can say. We are all so relieved, especially Kurt and Heather, and so thankful that the Lord heard our prayers and felt that he needed to be with us longer. Thank you to everyone who prayed for and and who continues to. Hes not completely out of the woods, he is going to have a hard recovery, but so far he is defying all the statistics! Hes a fighter! He looks really great, even after such a hard surgery. He was in a lot of pain, but looked great. I didn't have my camera or you could see how he was, so for now I just have pictures of the night before! We will keep you posted on his condition, he is in ICU, for now. Thank you for the prayers and keep them up!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of Lukas and Emma hugging is absolutely precious!
-Stacey

Bill Gates II said...

Great news and such sweet pictures. We are so happy for your family and will keep you in our prayers.

Jen York said...

Wow! How WONDERFUL! I'm so happy to hear such great news! Really - that's just terrific! We'll keep the prayers comin'!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Oh my gosh what a little trooper!! You guys are in our prayers.

The Eggleston family said...

Hi!

Way cute pics! This is Shannon Eggleston. At first I wasn't sure who you were when commenting on my blog... I didn't think we've gotten to know eachother very well! you are in our ward and i figured out that Doug works as the CSM at FC in Frisco! Isn't that right? That is crazy! Way cool. I hope to get to know you better. Cute kids by the way... and congrats that the surgery went well...what a blessing.

~Shani