My Photography

I just started my photography blog, Chelsea Kay Photography!! Check it out and schedule a session!!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Introducing.....

Lyla Isabel !!
We have had a really hard time with the name, but just both really feel like this is who she is! What do you think? Well it was a really long hard day, but so worth it. I had to be at the hospital at 5 am this morning, and it was kind of a slow start! My body just wasn't wanting to progress. They started the pitocin around 530 or 6 and by 1 or so I was still at 2 cm. It was crazy! So I gave in and got an epidural, it was too painful and taking too long. So anyway, I finally started to progress and Lyla was born at 3:58 pm. So it was really long! She was 7 lbs 4 oz, I was so surprised she was so small, the smallest yet! And she was 19 1/4 inch long! Tiny Tiny!! She had the sweetest softest cry you would ever hear. That's part of the reason we decided on the name, Doug actually said she looked and sounded more like a Lyla before I did!! Yay! Anyway, she is gorgeous and actually had hair too. We are both doing okay, we just sent her to the nursery so we can sleep!
The kids were so excited, they could not get enough of her! They just kept touching her and rubbing her! Emma kept saying "baby loves me"! Yes she does!! They were so cute with her! I loved watching it!
Our first family picture with three kids!!!!!! Well I'm off the try and sleep ill post more pictures maybe tomorrow!! So until then........

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family of 5!!!!!

Thank you for keeping is posted. Now get some rest.

Hugs!

Mommydew said...

Congratulations!!! And good job, she is a doll! Oh and I think the name is adorable. Let me know if you need anything.

Aaron and Julie said...

Yay congrats!! she is beautiful!!

Bill Gates II said...

I love the name and she is sooo cute! Congratulations!!!

Clark Family said...

Congrats!!! She is cute! Are you crazy to try to do it natural! I did that with Braden I went in at 6am they had to induce the labor to keep it going, and I didn't deliver till 8pm. I thought I was going to die (I even prayed go ahead you can take me), so smart move with the epidural! They are great! What a beautiful family!!!

Susan said...

She's beautiful, and I love the name too! Congratulations!!!

Lynsey said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, and I love the name!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I love the Lyla. I am sorry it was a long day, but I know it was worth it. She is just too cute. You take care, and get some rest.

bedelia said...

Congratulations! What a gorgeous girl. Did you go natural with the others? I think its amazing you lasted that long. I can say first hand that pitocin labor is way harder so way to go for lasting that long.

Kathy T. said...

Way to go Chelsea!!!! Lyla is adorable! Congrats!!!!!

Sally said...

What a beautiful baby!! Congrats!!

Amy said...

Dang! You are one good blogger! Were you still in the delivery room when you posted!? hehe Congratulations! Lyla is so beautiful! What a cute little family! Love Emma's hair!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! She is beautiful!!!! We can't wait to meet her!

Amber Larsen said...

Congratulations Chels! She is beautiful just like her mama! And, I LOVE that name. it's so girly and pretty. Glad everyone is healthy and strong!